Tuesday, August 09, 2005

You've entered my blog lair!






Originally created on 8.2.05

Welcome! I'm in the process of transitioning my "soooo yesterday" babiesonline.com website to this new, hip, hep, and happenin' blog site. What's a blog? Well, the word is a shortened version of the phrase "web log". It really just means an online journal of sorts. Jason has started one as well to chronicle our trek across the USA in September, so I thought I'd join the bandwagon. The title of my blog site is called Meremortal - from a short poem I wrote about Kaia. This poem is on the front page of this blog site, at the top. She completely humbles me...and reminds me that I am merely a mortal. And I have to say, I'm OK with that. The lessons presented to me as a result of this little human "bean" continue to unfold each day. It reminds me of that old Tootsie Pop commerical: "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? The world may never know" And life's lessons are sorta like eating a Tootsie Roll Pop...you can rush through it and just bit right into it to get to the center...but you miss some of the flavor...some of the experience...If you lick it, you can begin to savor it, feel it, watch it change. It makes that ooey, gooey center oh so much more worth it. With Kaia's birth, I'm in the throes of feeling one lesson at a time, and I've watched some of my feelings, emotions, and values just morph and change slowly.
Now, I will say that I literally bit right into the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop during labor. I remember that my midwife gently offered it to me to suck on, hoping it would give me a nice break and perhaps a quick sugar rush. I went right for it, took a huge bite, and chewed it up. I recall some of those in attendance laughing at my voracity.
So, I hope you poke around in my blog lair every once in awhile. Don't forget to steal a lick of life's Tootsie Roll Pop! But be prepared - you may be quite shocked at what the center holds...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...Your talent shines again in a beautiful arrangement of words that is only you. I can't wait to see how this unfolds. I have missed seeing J,K & L the last few days but I have to say a site like this helps to dilute the pain that your absence in my days and weeks can bring. You are my soul sister, brother and child. I love you with my whole heart and I am blessed to call you family. I am also so pleased to see you enjoy your new role on this planet. I know that being a mother (parent) is something you can never fully define. It's a feeling and a state of mind. You have touched not only my heart but left an unexplainable imprint on my daughter's heart which again, conveys an appreciation that can only be experienced by a parents love.